The telephone is now considered as a huge deal for big and small businesses. But what used to be a ‘telephone’ earlier has now transformed itself into a full-fledged business grower. For efficient running of any modern day business or trade, you need a lot of other allied facilities and services too. A large number of companies offer bundled services at ‘discounted’ rates and call the packages composite business phone services.
You can often hear people say that digital phone service bills for businesses are very high these days. They, generally, don’t look at the different components of a modern day business phone service and perhaps just do a mental comparison between the traditional telephone bill and the present day business phone service’s bill. It will be pointless to argue that digital phone service bills for businesses are not high. They indeed are! In fact, it may be quite interesting to look at the reasons for this being so. And here we go:
1. The ‘telephone’ is no more just a telephone – Let us accept that the reason why the bill that businesses receive today is a composite one is because it can be used to increase the sales of a business in a dozen ways. In addition, the bill can even be bundled with your Internet bill.
2. Multiple lines – Against a limited number of lines earlier, most businesses now have multiple connections or lines.
3. Better technology – Instead of sending signals at a particular frequency through a huge network of cables, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) transmits signals over the Internet or cable network. Long distance calling at low rates, unlimited calling facilities, caller id, voicemail, conference bridging and improvement in call quality are its distinct features which truly make life easier, simpler, faster, more business friendly and fun.
4. PBX in the cloud – Some companies offer PBX in the cloud plan with phone greeting, call transfer, auto attendant, simultaneous multiple phone ringing (cell, home phone etc.), and hold music features.
5. FAX is included – Your Fax expenses are also a part of the composite bill. Though you may be receiving a high (bundled) bill for your business phone service, you can’t deny that you are making substantial savings by not having to maintain the nearly obsolete analog phone lines and the outdated PBX systems. Finding a trained mechanic for which is both time consuming as well as expensive.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9553816